I need a test

Six months of training is almost complete. I have endured freezing, body numbing bike rides, pitch dark, head lamp wearing runs, 4:00am swim sessions, mind numbing time on the trainer and treadmill and sleep deprivation all for what? To get to where I am today.

With all the time and sacrifice put into training for this season I can say confidently that I'm getting into the best shape of my life. I have come out on top of almost every physical test that was thrown at me. Ive made improvements physically, mentally, and emotionally and have become a better person because of it. However where do I stand compared to everyone else? Have I made the necessary gains to better my competition? It's hard for me to say since I have only raced myself or should I say the clock? I'm starting to think that I need a true test, a race, to use as a litmus test. Thankfully I have my first race in a month or else I would be trying to race people in the pool, treadmill or road.

This feeling of wanting to test my fitness is not to be confused with the feelings of wanting to race. Those feelings will come soon enough ( probably when my fitness and confidence collide)

For now I'll continue to follow the game plan laid before me, stay focused on my goals and continue to reach, break through and restablish them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mental Toughness

The Lead In

Finding My Ultra 2.3