Just a few more weeks

Just a few more weeks and I will be toeing the line!

It has been a super long time since I raced last, actually it will practically be a year to the date.

Am I ready to toe the line? 

Mentally: Yes
Emotionally: Yes
Physically: No

I haven't had the best of luck pedaling my bike as of recent.  The unidentified injury that I wrote about in my last blog was actually a broken collar bone.  Yes, I broke my collar bone again.  As a result my swim training has pretty much been non-existent.  I broke my collar bone, for the second time, on Easter Sunday.  Right after it happened I told Matt that I needed one week off.  I then told him that I want to hit the bike hard again at the end of the week, that I'll start running a week after that, then swim the following week.  I gave myself 4 weeks to heal.  The average timetable for a collar bone to completely heal is 12 weeks.  I have done exactly what I said I'd do.

I'm currently ready and confident that I can and will race 2 out of the 3 legs of the Harriman Olympic on May 18th.  With each passing day my collar bone is healing and I'm feeling better and better in the pool.  I don't expect to race the swim but I do expect that I will make steady and consistent progress with my swim right up to and beyond the race.  Vineman is still plenty far away to allow me time to get in swim race shape.  

FLOAT, HAMMER, HAMMER

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mental Toughness

The Lead In

Finding My Ultra 2.3