What do you want to be when you grow up?


“What do you want to be when you grow up?”

How many times have you been asked this question?  I feel like I have been asked this question since elementary school and I never had a true answer.  Even upon graduating college I still could not answer the question.

It has taken me nearly 30 years to figure out the answer to that question. I want to be an endurance sports coach.  For the past few years I have become obsessed and passionate about learning how the body functions.  The human body is truly impressive and capable of unbelievable feats.  Triathlon has provided an amazing outlet to test my understanding of how the human works and has fueled my desire to coach triathletes. 

With any profession there is a specific amount of education needed to be an accredited coach. In less than a year I have obtained my Personal Training Certification as well as my USA Cycling Coaching Certification.  I’m currently in the process of completing by USA Triathlon Coaching Certification.  Throughout this certification process I have developed such respect for the human body and have changed the way I view people, sports, athletics, competition and the like.

I can proudly say at the age of 33 that when I grow up I want to be an endurance sports coach!

I cant wait to start this new adventure of my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lead In

Harriman 70.3 - Race Report

Stepping Up to Ironman